Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Love thy neighbor...


This weekend a sweet couple from down the street brought us the most delicious chocolate chip cookies as a housewarming gift. This is officially reason 1,872 why I love our new house! I thought I should share these reasons, but realized that might be a bit much for one blog post. So instead I bring to you...Reasons Why I Love Thy Neighbors:
  1. On our first day in the house, they invited us to a neighborhood BBQ.
  2. They have neighborhood BBQs - how fun is that?!
  3. While we were moving in, two different neighbors came and mowed our lawn for us.
  4. The next week when we (and by "we", I mean my husband) tried to mow our lawn only to find out that our brand new lawnmower wouldn't start, a neighbor came down the street to help. And after they still couldn't get it to start, he offered his lawnmower.
  5. After the long move-in day, our neighbors gave my mom a mojito every time she went outside.
  6. And, of course, I can't forget - they brought us delicious cookies!
I'm sure this list will keep on growing as the weeks and years go on. Thanks to all of our amazing new neighbors for being so welcoming! We love you already!

No comments:

Post a Comment