Wednesday, September 23, 2009

To carve or not to carve?

I'm having a dilemma trying to decide whether we should carve pumpkins this year. Here's our pumpkin carving experience from last year:

My parent's came to visit and we all enjoyed a wonderful day at the Louisburg Cider Mill - drinking cider, eating cider donuts and, of course, buying pumpkins...

Once we got the pumpkins home, they sat in a corner of our living room for almost three weeks until one day at, oh, about 10:47 p.m. when I decided we should carve them. Right then. So, this time the picture isn't dark from my horrible photography skills, but instead because I sure did make my husband carve the pumpkins in the dark...
Then, even though the kit said it was "easy," it still took hours of this...

But we did end up with a great looking pumpkin! And yes, for all of you observant readers, we did start with pumpkins and end with just one. We never quite got around to finishing the other one...
Moral of the story - I'm just not sure if we're cut out for pumpkin carving. But I'm not the Grinch of fall or Halloween, so we will have really cool pumpkins one way or another. Here's some options:

Maybe, we'd be better at drilling polka dot pumpkins...

Or we could paint and do shallow carving for these
witch legs...

Or we could
glitter our pumpkins. And by we, I mean me. Pretty sure if I make my husband glitter pumpkins, I will be banned from pumpkin decorating forever...

But
spray paint is a little more manly, right?

And we do have a house now, so we could always paint our
house numbers...

1 comment:

  1. i vote for the painted house number pumpkins or the polka-dot ones! :)

    ReplyDelete