Sunday, August 8, 2010

Missing Mr. W | part one...

So, I told you about our upcoming big move, but I haven't told you yet that the move is actually well underway. As in, Mr. W has been living and working there for well over a month already. And I have not. Bummer, huh? Luckily, I have been able to see him a few times recently, but I still miss him like crazy. Since he's been gone, I've noticed that there are a few sort of silly times when I really notice how much I miss him, so I thought I'd share those with you....

Every single day at dinner time.

I am a very lucky lady and Mr. W does 95% of our cooking. [My five percent primarily consists of making cookies. :)] Generally when Mr. W is gone and I have to "cook" for myself, I eat cereal or chips and salsa. But now that it has been a while, I've had to expand my meal choices a bit. So, lately I have been making lots of Asian salad. Yum! And super quick and easy - must haves for me.


Ingredients:
  • 2 packages of beef (or chicken) flavored ramen noodles
  • 1 package of coleslaw salad
  • 1/2 cup of sugar
  • 1/2 cup of vinegar
  • 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
  • Sunflower seeds
Instructions:
  • In a small bowl, mix up the sugar, vinegar, vegetable oil and packets of seasoning from the ramen noodles. [When we make it, we actually use a little more vinegar and a little less vegetable oil, but it's all up to what you like best.]
  • In a large bowl, pour the liquid mixture over the coleslaw salad.
  • Crunch up the ramen noodles and add them to the large bowl.
  • Add sunflower seeds to taste.
  • Mix everything up.
  • Enjoy.

See, I told you it was easy. And, other than the package of coleslaw, we always have the other ingredients on hand which makes it extra easy.

Speaking of the coleslaw salad, I had another "missing Mr. W" moment the other day when it came to buying the coleslaw. See, Mr. W also usually does about 95% of our grocery shopping. So, silly me, when I had to do it myself, I totally bought the wrong thing and came home with "broccoli salad." Who knew that even existed!? But it still tasted good. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment