Monday, January 24, 2011

Gifts | bulletin and magnet board...


I made customized this bulletin / magnetic board for my precious little nephew's first Christmas. I painted the cork board on the left side with orange craft paint, so it would be a little more exciting looking and match his nursery. [I also painted the push pins, because once I start painting I just don't stop.] Also, the gift will totally grow with him, because I'm sure as his room evolves over the years, there will always be plenty of Longhorn's orange around. :)

The cute little wooden jungle animals were originally from his baby shower - I just glued some magnets on the back. The animals make me smile every time I see them, not only because they are so cute, but also from the memory of when we bought them. At one point while my sister was pregnant, I was shopping with my parents at Jo-Ann's and we must have been hilarious to listen to - literally, every aisle we walked into, at least one of us found something the baby would have to have. Everything from fabric, to stickers, to books, to stuffed animals, to little wood animals - we wanted to get him everything. We were probably the most excited, proudest family to ever shop the aisles of Jo-Ann's. :)

And in true, proudest-aunt-ever fashion, here is the adorable little guy with his first snowman...

2 comments:

  1. You are the best aunt ever! :) Your little nephew loves you so, so much and is so lucky to have such a great aunt! The bulletin board is so, so cute and makes me smile and think of you whenever I see it on his door. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks Kim! We are looking forward to seeing you all very soon! Love you!! :)

    ReplyDelete